The Program was implemented in 2003-2004 within the grant program announced by the World Bank and the Open Society Institute. In the framework of the program the Center has:
- organized and conducted workshops in the regions with participation of small shareholders, representatives of local authorities, business and mass media sector,
- covered the issues related to small shareholders in the media, announced the Open Day to provide consultation to small shareholders on their rights,
The key achievement of the Program is the increased confidence in law enforcement within small shareholders, not being “alone” in protecting their rights, expected and actual support by consulting and public institutions.
MANUAL “BANK SHAREHOLDERS/BOARD MEMBERS’ GUIDE”
Within the USAID’s grant program the Center has elaborated and published the manual “Bank shareholders/board members’ guide” in 2003, which was aimed at:
- inform the shareholders, board and audit committee members, persons involved in executive body of Armenian commercial banks and wide circles of society on issues of Joint-Stock Bank management issues,
- to make publicly available the status of bank’s shareholders and the framework of competencies and responsibilities derived from it,
- to make the bank’s shareholder aware of competencies and responsibilities of the bodies that have regulatory role in corporate environment, to promote the increase of attractiveness of corporate investments in banks,
to stimulate the practical application of Codes of corporate governance in banks.
PROGRAM “THE DEVELOPMENT OF VENTURE FUNDS IN ARMENIA”
In the framework of the grant programs of Eurasia Foundation grant programs the Center implemented the program “The development of venture funds in Armenia” in 2004-2005. The Program was aimed at stimulating the flow of foreign direct investments in the country’s economy, to promote the implementation of innovative and risky business programs and to shape relevant business environment through the formation of venture funds in Armenia.
In the framework of the Program:
- the investment concept of “Venture system in Armenia” was elaborated and published,
- the RA draft law “On venture funds” and a number of draft laws related to tax legislation were elaborated and submitted to the National Assembly of RA.
PROGRAM “ELABORATION OF DRAFTS OF LEGAL ACTS AIMED AT IMPROVING LABOR LEGISLATION”
In the framework of the Social protection sector management program financed by the World Bank, in order to elaborate drafts of legal acts aimed at improving labor legislation, the Center elaborated and submitted:
- Conceptual approaches on amendments of RA Labor Code.
- The RA draft law “On amendments and supplements to RA Labor Code”.
Elaborated expert conclusions, as well as improving recommendations on:
- The RA draft law “On compulsory social insurance from accidents at the workplace and occupational diseases”,
- The RA draft law “On amendments and supplements to RA law “On State Labor Inspectorate””,
- The RA draft law “On amendments to RA Code of Administrative offenses”,
- Draft strategy of remuneration of public servants,
The RA draft law “On remuneration of civil servants”.